open ahos head

where thoughts are worth more than the paper they are printed on... until you print them

Name:
Location: Mayberry, North Carolina, United States

thanks for stopping by. please add to the conversation if you can

1.16.2008

no more coffee cups.

I have decided this year to see how few paper and Styrofoam coffee cups I can use. I began on January 5, after returning from travel and holiday break. So far I have used 2 paper cups. This morning I used my second totally by accident. When I left the gym they had coffee, and without thinking I grabbed a paper cup and had some as I worked my way home. My first was a Starbucks that was purchased for me by a wonderful youth chaperon on a recent youth trip.

I am doing pretty good I think. 2 in 10 days is pretty good if you ask me. That comes out to about 100 this year, but actually I think I can get that down to 50 in the year.

In addition to lowering my coffee cup consumption, I am going to try to use less sugar packets as well. I am not going to count them, but when given the choice I will sweeten with a sugar bowl or pour-er instead of a paper packet of sugar.

I don't think this is a revolutionary idea, but, if you think it is, join me and maybe pass it on.
Thats all for today.
blessings

|
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com