open ahos head

where thoughts are worth more than the paper they are printed on... until you print them

Name:
Location: Mayberry, North Carolina, United States

thanks for stopping by. please add to the conversation if you can

1.07.2008

New year, New committment to...

We have moved from the Advent Season, through the Christmas season, and we are now in the Resolution season. It is a fun time of self-inflicted boot camp participation that most benefits the grocery store's health foods and produce, and our local gyms. I have not been to the gym yet in '08 but I am sure the Nautilus machines are packed, you can't get a bike in spin class, and there is a line for the treadmill. Everyone has a renewed commitment to care for self, which is a great thing.

The blog is the perfect place to post empty resolutions. I think there is a vision out there that if a pronouncement is placed on one's blog, then, one will be accountable to sticking to it. Well, not so for me. I don't feel accountable to any sort of pronouncements I may place here, but I think I might do a little bit of it anyway.

Off the cuff, here are a few things I do and do not commit to this year, which I may or may not stick to. I will also rate, on a 1-10 scale, 10 being of the most likely to be followed through on, the said commitments:

1. I will try to blog more.
likelihood rating 5. I may. It would be nice with the little one on the way, but who knows.

2. I will run 800.2 miles this year.

likelihood rating 9. I am definitely working towards this and should succeed, barring injury or illness, which is what is preventing me right now. D@*n cold.

3. I will read more.

Likelihood rating 6. I will probably not buy as many books this year, but I already have a stack of 5 that I am really interested in. With the little on, I plan on keeping the TV off a little more which means flipping pages a little more.

4. 82 spin classes, 28 swims.

Likelihood rating 5. I really want to try to accomplish these goals, but it could be a stretch. This would mean 5-6 workouts a week. While I would enjoy that lifestyle, I am not sure I will be dealt that hand of cards.

5. Write something to submit for publication.

Likelihood rating 8. I have a head that is afloat with ideas that need to be down on 'paper.' I am not sure if any of it would make it out of my little office and beyond some editor, but, I am going to do this. Even if it is just revamping a sermon for a little baptist publication.

6. Kick the fried foods.
Likelihood rating 1. Unless the doc tells me that I have to go to zero on the fried food intake, I will never be able to kick fried foods completely. I don't eat tons of fried stuff, I just eat a lot. I thought it wouldnt be hard because I really love grilled stuff, but then I realized that tortilla chips are fried, as are hard taco shells, and I love nachos, salsa, and hard tacos.

7. LOW Waste Coffee.
Likelihood rating 10. I have this new idea for the way I am going to do my coffee, and if anyone is still reading, I would like you to try to do your coffee as well, but I will say more later. For now, carry your travel mug when you go to S-bucks.


So, there are some goals, I may or may not be accountable to for this year. I hope you can come up with your own faux list of resolutions this Resolution Season.

|
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com