open ahos head

where thoughts are worth more than the paper they are printed on... until you print them

Name:
Location: Mayberry, North Carolina, United States

thanks for stopping by. please add to the conversation if you can

7.16.2007

a taste of summer


23 years ago I lived in the community of Trophy Club. I remember passing through a little town called Keller on our way to places. In those days, Keller was merely a wide spot in the road, but it had one important reason to stop: the Snowcone stand. I don't remember stopping many times as a child, but as a teenager and college student, I learned the ins and outs of the snowcone business; the consumer side that is.
I learned that:
banana is my favorite but peaches and cream is a close second;
the proper ratio of flavor to ice is the key and most people go with too much flavor
and, everyone should be able to afford a snowcone, preferably you should be able to fund the cone by digging around in the car a little.

The MtA has its own snowcone shack now and it is called: Bahama shaved ice. I am not sure what the Bahamas has to do with anything...as far as I am concerned the first snowcone I ever saw was in Keller TX in the early 80's, so they invented it (that place looked old then). But if you say this summer delight was invented in the tropics, that is fine with me. All I intend to share with you is that my banana snowcone (slush now) tastes like summer.

|
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com