open ahos head

where thoughts are worth more than the paper they are printed on... until you print them

Name:
Location: Mayberry, North Carolina, United States

thanks for stopping by. please add to the conversation if you can

11.02.2006

my tivo is clean

Two weeks ago, I got up on that Thursday morning with no plans. I take the day off when I can and that day my agenda was: exercise, clean the car if I want. So I did exercise but also put in about 10 hours in front of the TV. I worked on catching up on some shows I had saved, contemplated picking up some new shows, and did a little reading.
Last Thursday, I finished cleaning out my shows from the Tivo and now I am completely caught up on some shows I like to watch like Grey's Anatomy and Boston Legal (I'm a sucker for the 1 hour ABC show: NYPD Blue). I picked up this Six Degrees show and like it alright. It is kinda interesting, but not award worthy. Natalie and I watch Studio 60 and Desperate Housewives together, and there are always episodes of The Daily Show/Colbert Report in the que. But I am clean out now, with nothing to watch and last night I just decided it would be better to go to bed then try to find something.

So I checked, and tonight are new episodes of Greys and SixD, which is a little exciting I guess. We also joined Netfilx this week and we should have movie #2 coming by tomorrow, so there will be something to watch this weekend as well.

I wrestle with watching tv because I usually want to try to be elitist and think that there are better things to do with my time. There probably are, but I know who McDreamy, delFino, and Harriett are, which could give me a little pop-culture street cred. I know this is not the stuff redemption is made of, but I hope at some point in my life it will pay off in some way that is productive. Or, in the very least, I may just be catching up on all the time I missed while I was hanging out in the elitist towers at Duke, reading books in stead of allowing the writers in hollywood to blow my mind with awesome new shows...

|
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com