open ahos head

where thoughts are worth more than the paper they are printed on... until you print them

Name:
Location: Mayberry, North Carolina, United States

thanks for stopping by. please add to the conversation if you can

11.17.2006

my thoughts

I spent most of Tuesday and Wednesday at a meeting of the Baptist State Convention of North Carolina. The meeting was well covered by local and regional news channels. While it would be my dream to have this event covered by our beloved J Stewert or S Colbert, a simple link to an editorial in the Winston-Salem Journal must do. It says conciseley what I think about the way the issue was handled.
I most like the part that deals with historical baptist principles. That is one really big problem with the decisions that were made.

About the acutal issue at hand, I guess I will use two quotes from Harriet on Studio 60, "I dont know" and " it is for smarter people then me to decide." And, Jesus does love people and was not really an exclusive kind of guy. But, the baptists in charge must think they are really smart.
Here's the link.

ps. The title is Baptist Hard Line and it was published on November 17, 2006

|
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com