open ahos head

where thoughts are worth more than the paper they are printed on... until you print them

Name:
Location: Mayberry, North Carolina, United States

thanks for stopping by. please add to the conversation if you can

11.07.2006

ELECTION DAY!!!!

I voted this morning. It was fun I guess.

What gets me the most though is the campaigners who stand outside the polling site and try to hand out info on their candidate as you walk in, as if it will make a difference. For me it doesn't, my wife just tells me who I should pick. But today I happened upon a strategy you may want to use to throw these people in a bit of a tailspin.

It is raining here today and I carried my umbrella. (It happens to be a DUKE umbrella which I think says something, but may not). Since it was before noon, I had a cup of coffee with me as well. Two hands: 1 umbrella+1 coffee cup= NO HANDS FOR FLYERS. The first guy I happened upon managed to get me to take a mint with Pam Marion on on wrapper and since I had already decided to vote for her I squeezed it into my free pinky finger. The rest of the clan was not sure what to do. I couldnt take Jim Harells flyer. I couldnt (and wouldnt have) taken Tom Lanagan's pastcard. The other few were equally miffed by my inability to allow them to fulfill their campaign-given duty. I also knew the guy who was standing there with an Atkinson t-shirt so we talked a bit.

The moral of the story is: CARRY STUFF INTO THE POLLING PLACE IF YOU DONT WANT TO DEAL WITH CAMPAINGERS. Oh yeah, and write in Stephen Colbert and John Stewart when you have a chance to. I voted for them to be in charge of soil and water conservation in Surry County. I think they would do a great job.

|
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com