open ahos head

where thoughts are worth more than the paper they are printed on... until you print them

Name:
Location: Mayberry, North Carolina, United States

thanks for stopping by. please add to the conversation if you can

10.30.2006

this one has been coming

Today marks the first anniversary of Kyle Lake's death. There is a community that spans the country and world that grieves today. We all have lost someone we loved and that loved us. He taught us, challenged us, encouraged us, and led us in many of the ways we would go. Most of the time it was down a path that I wasn't sure I should go.

I will never forget early mornings at common grounds, Wednesday lunches at crickets (after which I had to rush to campus for Hebrew class), and even a phone call just days before my wedding at which he was an usher:

Kyle: "Hey, I was calling to see if it mattered that I was going to bleach my hair really blonde even though we have your wedding this weekend?"
I replied: "that's fine, I don't think it will matter."
Kyle: "Well good, because I was ready to do it when I called you the first time and when I missed you, we just went ahead and did it. Glad you don't mind."

Those weren't the exact words, but you get the point I guess. It is what comes to mind today for some reason.

Our first October 30 is going by without Kyle. In two days we will recognize All Saints Day (November 1) and remember a long day at FBC Waco. I am thankful for the chance to have been their with a could of many witnesses, celebrating with grief and great thanks one of our Saints who is going on before us.

|
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com