open ahos head

where thoughts are worth more than the paper they are printed on... until you print them

Name:
Location: Mayberry, North Carolina, United States

thanks for stopping by. please add to the conversation if you can

10.31.2006

in between

Halloween has never been a huge holiday for me. As a child we dressed up and it was fun, but, my favorite Childhood memories are not of halloween. I dont remember Halloween from college and from Grad School, most people that did anything with the holiday simply went to a huge street party in Chapel Hill, NC. I never felt compelled to go.
But last year, Halloween took on a new meaning. Last year my wife and I traveled back to Texas on Halloween to attend Kyle's funeral. He died on the 30th, the funeral was the 1st, and now Halloween is in between two very significant days. I guess it is the memorial day for me. I was't in Waco on the 30th when it happened but the trip back on halloween for an All Saint's Day funeral was a huge part of the pilgrimmage back to a place and a community of people that I love and miss dearly.

Halloween is my sorrowful day for Kyle, and All Saints Day is going to be my celebration day. Tomorrow, I plan to wear my Adidas Track Suit in honor of Kyle. I know people will look at me funny, but I hope they ask me why. I would love to tell the story of our friend. Someone who laughed loud, thought hard, and lived well. He had profoundly changed my life through our friendship and in his death he is still helping to change me.

|
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com