open ahos head

where thoughts are worth more than the paper they are printed on... until you print them

Name:
Location: Mayberry, North Carolina, United States

thanks for stopping by. please add to the conversation if you can

9.18.2006

only half-way

I was about to create a mental rant but had to catch myself. I went to a blog that was supposed to be a preaching blog on the lectionary scripture for the week and it hadnt been updated in 8 months. I need an idea and stuff for lent isnt going to cut it today.

But a bigger problem is that I am close to exhausted. We had 4 funerals for church members this weekend and one of them was due to the tragic death of our pastor's 31yr old son. Brent had struggled with many things in life, but I am finding out firsthad that burying a young adult is hard on a church. I'm tired right now. I can't imagine what my pastor is going through.

So, the best I have to offer today is half-way. I am at best half tired and offering half the energy I have.

The only thing I can offer something significant to is a run that I am going to go on at about 6 tonight. I plan to go about 4 miles down main street and back. It is imperative that I run today for 2 reasons. 1. I need to emotional lift that will come from an exercised induced endorphin rush and 2. I am actually training for a half-marathon. The date is December 2. I will be running 13.1 miles that day, hopefully finishing with a respectable time and a few pounds shed.

Half is all I got today, but I am giving it all right now.

Sorry if it is scattered.
chris

|
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com