open ahos head

where thoughts are worth more than the paper they are printed on... until you print them

Name:
Location: Mayberry, North Carolina, United States

thanks for stopping by. please add to the conversation if you can

9.25.2006

just something

Well, I wanted to at least throw something up here to keep a couple of you coming back, so this will pretty much be about me.

I know stuff is not where true happiness lies and I dont want to inflate any materialism that I already have or you may struggle with, but, I thought I would reveal a few things that have been making me happy lately.

HONDA ELEMENT
Every morning I head out to the car and just smile that I get to ride to work in such a great ride. I love to look at it. I love to drive it. I love listening to XM radio. It is great fun for me. (the only thing I dont like is that it gets dirty, but cleaning it makes me happy).

FRUITY PEBBLES
Sometimes I just cant get enough of them. Now is one of those times.

LIFE SAVERS SHERBERT
There is this new brand of sherbert in the ice cream section of the store by Life Savers. It is a little different, but I think quite good.

(You only know this because I tell you, but I had to go away for a few minutes. My wife went to bed and the dog needed to go out. Upon his return to the living room, he decided he didnt want his dinner, or evening treat anymore. This doesnt really make me happy, but it's part of life I guess)

SEEING MY BREATH
Nature is pregnant with fall around here and one night last week I could see my breath when I took out the dog. Winter is coming, snowboarding is coming too.

RUNNING?
Yeah, well, it feels great to be done each day. I am running in the afternoons right now which suits me well. I am up to 4.5+ each day and it is no longer a total drain when I am done. I am on my way, I hope I can stay healthy enough to train fully for the half-marathon.

FANTASY FOOTBALL
I am having fun with it, though I have two teams, five games and only 1 win. I think we are setting up for a second half run, but we shall see.

PREACHING
Finally, I have preached several times in the past 3 weeks and have 2 more coming in th next two weeks. I am enjoying it and doing alright, or so they say. I love the storytelling aspect and the conveying of truth through interesting means. Maybe I will post something here sometime for you to listen to or read.

Well, thats all for now. Hope you are well and I brought a smile to you somehow.
peace
chris

|
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com