open ahos head

where thoughts are worth more than the paper they are printed on... until you print them

Name:
Location: Mayberry, North Carolina, United States

thanks for stopping by. please add to the conversation if you can

6.26.2006

reflections on some new things

So I am now 6 days into new car ownership, and it is quite different. As a Jeep Driver, I braced each summer morning for hot, sweaty, windblown rides back and forth to work. Visiting the hospital was a bummer becuase I would be all sweaty by the time I got there. BUT, 6 days in, my new silver Element's air conditioning works great, the seats are comfortable, and it is a blast to drive to the tune of 800 miles in week one. Sure we had a business trip to Atlanta, but it was a fun business trip.

CBF
Last week nat and I went to the meeting of the Cooperative Baptist Fellowship in the ATL. It was a good meeting where they recognized her new job in the CBFNC meeting, we went to some big sessions to hear sermons and business and stuff, and we went to some breakouts. I got to meet an emergent guy from ATL who is planting a church in the little 5points area and engaged in the the emergent steering committee. I am looking further dialogue about being emergent but also being in a traditional setting. I think emergent has something to it, and the folks in my traditional context could be into it too.

I sat in the back of our E on the way home and worked on the computer with my legs kicked out on the reclined front seat...it was pretty awesome.

This week we have something almost every night with church and then we leave for NYC on mission trip next week. It will be crazy busy and fun at the same time.

I hope you are well, thanks for reading.

ps I love my XM radio preview.

|
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com