open ahos head

where thoughts are worth more than the paper they are printed on... until you print them

Name:
Location: Mayberry, North Carolina, United States

thanks for stopping by. please add to the conversation if you can

6.17.2006

Lucky number 7?????




I originally titled this post
"frustrated with my team"
but, I have decided to change it. Read on to see why.


I guess it is only fair that if I am going to be proud of my team on my blog, I might as well whine about them and cry sour grapes about them too. Usually I don't blog about the teams I root for because I have a tendency to jinx them, but it cant hurt now.
After leading the Stanley Cup Finals 3 games to 1 and heading home with a shot at the win, my team has stunk it up, two games in a row. They cant seem to get the puck on the net, skate better than the Oilers, or catch a break. Tonight they didn't even score a goal, and the team that is used to beating other teams in shots on goal is getting killed in that stat. We are being pushed around, out skated and out everything that leads to being outplayed.

I am upset in a slightly unhealthy way. It is sad how our moods are so swayed by the performance of athletes. We let what others do determine our emotions, and this something that we let happen in sports and in life. It is good when we weep with those who are weeping, and rejoice with those who are rejoicing, but when we cry because our team plays crappy, well, we have taken this teaching a little too far.

Soooo...Here is the silver lining. We have a chance to play for the coolest trophy in sports on our home ice and win it with the home fans. It would be awesome to be there. AND, Eric Cole, one of the teams star players is back after three months away due to an injury. AND, home teams are 11 wins and 2 losses in game 7s in the Stanley Cup finals. Combine that with a team that was second overall in the league, and two bad games in a row, at least the law of averages is on our side.

Monday, I am wearing my Canes Jersey all day, unless I have to go to the Hospital or funeral home or something like that. I am going to root well for my team and enjoy the fact that 7 years ago to the day, the DALLAS STARS won their First Championship and Natalie and I watched from the couch in our hotel room on our wedding night (we were eating a late dinner at the time as well). Hopefully we can see another great victory on LUCKY NUMBER 7. GO CANES!!!!!!!!!

|
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com