open ahos head

where thoughts are worth more than the paper they are printed on... until you print them

Name:
Location: Mayberry, North Carolina, United States

thanks for stopping by. please add to the conversation if you can

5.30.2006

net down!! net down!!!!!


For those of you who care, sorry I have been gone for so long. I have had a few topics to explore, but not the "umph" enough to actually put them to keyboard. Then, there was the net down days.

Saturday, my fantastic wife undertook a re-decorating project (which is really a re-arranging project when you rent and dont want to figuratively flush money with paint expenses). She moved the desks and chair around in our office which have actually made it a much nicer room and in the 3 days since, I have actually used the room to watch TV 2 times, which is 2 times more than the previous 8 months of living here.

The snag...
Our wireless router didnt set itself back to its previous settings, locking us out and shutting down our wireless network. This is a big deal becuase our desktop is dreadfully slow and we like to surf and blog from the comfort of our couch. So, the crisis of our weekend was no net.

But alas...
It only took 2 periods of tonight's hockey game and a call to India to get the router reset and the laptops back connected to the glorious world wide web. What would we do without this majic machine of cyberspace???



So, things have been a little slow around here lately, but steady and good. I like to think of it as a fidelity building period. It is easier to be faithful when things are frantic for one reason or another, but when things are quiet, it is easy to be lazy. But, tonight, I was not lazy: I FIXED MY ROUTER!!!! Whooo Hoooo!! Tom

And I ran for 30 minutes this morning...big day, big day.


Tomorrow Night, I shall embark on a broken toilet.

ps.
I updated my music listings, here they are.
Yellowcard- Lights and Sounds, catchy song, cd on sale
Dixie Chicks- the new one, good so far
Sanctus Real- interesting, and actually a Christian Group
Arctic Monkeys- Getting my 'punk' on. they are good

Jury is still out, but it looks like we have 4 winners here.

pps. I also finished 2 of the books and an updated book list will be coming soon.

|
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com