open ahos head

where thoughts are worth more than the paper they are printed on... until you print them

Name:
Location: Mayberry, North Carolina, United States

thanks for stopping by. please add to the conversation if you can

4.03.2006

reset

several weeks ago:
TODAY


The weekend can do a number on my desk. It seems that I spend the first few hours of each Monday cleaning my desk and cleaning out my inbox, filing emails to their proper files in their respective accounts. It is a good practice to be in, I think, but I am just blown away by how much crap I can accumulate over a weekend, when I am not even really on the clock.

This weekend was quite busy here at FBCMA for the youth:
Friday, we roadtripped across the state to Raleigh for a Carolina Hurricanes game. 20 of us took in a great hockey game that was only marred by our inablibity to find the NCState Basketball trophies for our special friend Belton. He did like hockey though, and was pumped that the Carolina Hurricanes claimed the SE division title.
Saturday, we packed BBQ to sell, and a handful of youth sold over 300lbs of BBQ. It is great stuff and if you make it to Mayberry in the next few days, we will be happy to serve you some at the ahos.
Sunday we had Youth Sunday. Our youth led the morning worship service and we put together a blended service with drama, hymns, a contemporary worship song, youth testimonies, and the youth took up the offering, led in prayers and children's sermon. We followed the service up with a mexican food lunch at a local restaurant, Monte de Ray.
Sunday evening we gathered once again for our weekly youth supper and Gathering. Our topic was: If Jesus Had an ipod... I presented 4 songs and ask questions about the content, spiritual content, and message Jesus might give to the the people in the songs. The four songs I used were: Common, BE; Dave Matthews Band, Grey Street; The White Stripes, Take Take Take; and Alicia Keys, If I Ain't Got You.

The youth were great in thinking and speaking about the music, but none of it was up their alley. I need to get versed in Kenny Chesney and Toby Keith, but there ain't much there with ole TK.

Below, in my previous post is a question I ask you about a Honda Element or other recommendations. Seriously, I am on a search, please help if you can.

Today I am listening to Common and the White Stripes while I clean off my desk and fill out some appilcations and paperwork that has been waiting on me for about 3 weeks.








peace,


aho



4pm, monday:
ps, this is a real pic and I didnt just throw my papers to the floor. My money is turned in, recipts are given to the correct people, papers are filed and all that is left is 2 applications and a bible study to type. I am the last one here, so I will be going soon. I must run and lift tonight. peace to you all from the clean office.

|
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com