open ahos head

where thoughts are worth more than the paper they are printed on... until you print them

Name:
Location: Mayberry, North Carolina, United States

thanks for stopping by. please add to the conversation if you can

4.05.2006

random birthday


I realized this morning it is April 5. Usually the date doesn't have much significance, but for some reason I remembered today that I have two friends, who celebrate birthdays on April 5.

The first was a neighbor from Trophy Club Texas from when I was in 1st and 2nd grade. Her name was Julie Vogel, but has probably changed through marriage. Our families were friends for several years and we used to play together in the neighborhood. The scar I have on my chin I got from falling off of her bike in the street. It took something like seven stitches to sew up and I missed a soccer game that afternoon.

The second is a friend from K-Town named Allison Loe. She is married now but I don't know who she is married to or what her new last name is. She was a great friend to me and the last time I heard from he was about 5 years ago. She is an Aggie, class of 99 probably, if you ever hear from her send her our way, electronically.


Now, there are many of you who I am much closer to that I have not wished a happy birthday to. Actually, it is quite strange that I know their birthdays but cant remember birthdays for people like g-money, my brothers wives, my grandparents, or kelly Clarkson. So, I am sorry. You are all entitled to an actual blog birthday card, just let me know when I am supposed to do it.

I do know my wife's birthday though, August 18, (no year, not good to ask a woman's age). It is actually 8-18, which makes it nice and simple to remember, and a good three digit code for luggage.
oops, I have said too much.

peace
aho

ps. monday night's The Daily Show with John Stewart was hilarious. Ricky Gervais from the original 'the office' was on, and it was particularly funny. Also, during the first commercial break, there was a commercial for Avis. It was three guys in a rental car jammin to a rap song. It was kinda like the scene from Office Space and it was funny too. Just a thought.

pps.

Today is the 15th anniversary of Michigan Losing to UNC in the Championship game of the NCAA tournament. This is the game where Chris Webber calls a Time-out that he did not have, which sent UNC to the line, putting the game out of reach. It is on ESPN Classic right now. The reason this is of note is that a bunch of us gathered at Allison Loe's house to watch this game. She is a Tarheel fan. I rooted for michigan that night, and still do. I always watch this game and hope it might turn out different. It doesnt.
back to work

|
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com