open ahos head

where thoughts are worth more than the paper they are printed on... until you print them

Name:
Location: Mayberry, North Carolina, United States

thanks for stopping by. please add to the conversation if you can

3.10.2006

i had NO idea

I had a great day snowboarding today. There we no lift lines at all and I actually never rode a lift with anyone. Three times there were people on chair immediately in front of me, but no one behind me then. I listened to music the whole day and the 'shuffle repeat' mode on my dell dj treated me pretty well.

BUT

Tonight I started thinking seriously about what it would be like to board in Colorado during the 06-07 winter. We have talked about it some and are looking forward to it being, probably, our next non-business trip.

So, since I have never been in CO in the winter, I thought I would check out the trail maps to see what I might be in for. Holy cow. I had no idea how enormous this thing was out there in the rockies. I am use to the rollercoaster type of snowboarding: hop off the lift (get in the coaster car), strap in the right boot to the binding (that painful bar comes down accross your lap), get ready to take off (same), 45 seconds of exhiliration, get back on the lift (run around and get back in line).

If I were to go to colorado to ski, I think I might have to bring a spare mp3 player to listen to when my batteries die because it took so long to get down and back up again. And, now I am a bit envyous of the west, but still thankful for the chance to 'slushboard' out here, 100 miles from home. Plus I hear the snow is so bad here that it actually makes you a better rider when you get to the good stuff.

2 last things:
Lets go out west next year. It would be great for a huge group of good people (like the readers of a great blog like this one) to get together to shred the mountain out west, Colorade would never be the same again.
Took some 'sweet jumps' today. It was alot of fun and I didnt break anything. I even tried to get some high jumps (3-4 feet in the air??) in and I landed pretty well. I almost landed a 180 and almost got a grap in on a different jump which I did land. I had a blast, and it would have been better to have had a friend. Wont you be my neighbor?

peace
aho

|
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com