open ahos head

where thoughts are worth more than the paper they are printed on... until you print them

Name:
Location: Mayberry, North Carolina, United States

thanks for stopping by. please add to the conversation if you can

2.21.2006

the good life

Its Tuesday and I am halfway through the youth minister's retreat/conference I am at. Things are going well, I have met new people, talked about new ideas, and networked which is, I guess, important in the baptist ministry world. Actually, it is just nice to be around some colleagues who are creative and thinkers and, in general, more fun than me.

During our free time today, I decided I needed to exercise so I ran on the beach. I went our and picked a building and decided to run to it and come back. It ended up taking about an hour round trip but I walked most of the way back. I figure it was between 3.5 and 4 miles total. But as I was walking back, my feet were already wet so I decided to walk in the ocean a bit. It was cold but refreshing.

I then thought back on the last few days. Since Thursday I have, Snowboarded in the mountains(tr), got to see David Crowder*Band in concert(fri); played church league basketball and laid around all day(Sat); Worshipped, celebrated women in ministry and had great conversations with my pastor and several youth (sun); got a haircut from one of my favorite people in the world, had coffee from my favorite coffee shop, and drove to the beach (mon); today I ran on the beach, and learned from great people who are ministers. It has been a great week and that doesnt even count time spent with my wife and the snow that fell on Sat.

Believe me, NOT every 5 day period is like this. So, if you are in the midst of a stressful time, you are in my thoughts. I have several stressors around, but, in the midst all of this good stuff it has been easy to see the roses in life.

I hope you can see the roses around you and you too can soon enjoy and embrace the good life.

peace aho

|
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com