open ahos head

where thoughts are worth more than the paper they are printed on... until you print them

Name:
Location: Mayberry, North Carolina, United States

thanks for stopping by. please add to the conversation if you can

2.24.2006

friday, end of the week.

It has been a good week and it is about to give way to a tremendously busy week.

This week was spent mostly in Myrtle Beach, SC at a youth minister's conference/retreat. It was a great opportunity to be with some people who are really good at what they do and have been doing youth ministry as long as I have been alive, really, no exaggeration.


I got to golf on wednesday, which was dreadful. It rained and my best shot of the day was an intentional drive towards the open field adjacent to the course which happened to an airport on it, so, yes, I drove a ball towards the airport. But, let me tell you about this ball. I just proped it up on the tee, took three steps back and gave it a good Happy Gilmore.

The shot had my trademark, a mild banana slice on it, but it went suprisingly straight, and, if I were ever going to hit a ball 325 yards, this just might have been it. I promise, this thing went, high, far, and when it bounced off of the runway it bounced 40 feet in the air. It was something.

As for the rest of golf, I decided the only number that counted on my scorecard that mattered was the 62. More about that later, and the 62 was not my FRONT nine score.


Saw this article regarding Snowboarders in DC*B's website. If you have not clicked the link to see how they made it to the Olymics, Click here to see.




And, about snowboarding, BURTON, is residing in the top spot on my "BEST COMPANY IN THE WORLD" list. I broke a binding last Thursday. Monday I called the warranty line and found out the part I broke is under warranty for life. (subtext is that I probably really s*ck to have broken this indestructable part, or, I got something defective) Monday afternoon, I shipped it ground from Kinkos via FedEx (second spot right now on the best companies list). It takes 2 days for a package to get from here to Vermont, and, to make a long story short, the bindings came back TODAY. 4 working days and I have parts back meaning a trip to the mountains will likely happen on MONDAY!!!

Yea BURTON!!!

Finally, next week is Yard Sale week here at FBC. Hopefully we will raise between $4000 and $5000 for youth missions. Collections are supposed to end today and we have some large items to pick up tomorow and then we have to set up for the sale on Saturday the 4th. Heck of a birthday week.

I will post this weekend or next week about something I got in the mail about Christianity and Sunday School.

And, the 62 from golfing was the number on my cart, and I did have 2 bogeys and not many lost golf balls.

peace

|
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com