open ahos head

where thoughts are worth more than the paper they are printed on... until you print them

Name:
Location: Mayberry, North Carolina, United States

thanks for stopping by. please add to the conversation if you can

2.13.2006

Big Week???

It's Monday morning and I have just finished my ritual of cleaning up all the weekend junk from my desk. This involves sorting and filing youth stuff from the weekend, getting rid of junk mail, skimming through magazines, and then looking ahead.

Looking ahead, it is a pretty quiet week I think. I have two youth-friends who are in the midst of interviewing from very significant college scholarships. I have another friend who is awaiting cancer surgery, which, is significant because she is in her 30s. I have a fourth friend who is traveling to the Holy Lands this week. As for me though, not much on the calendar in terms of meetings or travel plans for work so I guess I am to stay put and pray for all of these who are in the midst of these significant events.

Thursday, I am planning to SNOWBOARDING one more time. It is quite possible that this will be my last good trip of the year becuase spring tends to come in March and the snow will begin melting soon. BUT, this here is your invitation to come with me. I am also looking at a trip around the 10th of March and the 13th of March as well. A blogger named Craig, who I often read and is a friend of a friend, is regularly inviting folks to the house for fellowship and TV. Me, you are always welcome at the house, but I am inviting you to Snowboard or ski with me on Thursday or any of the other above days. Or, come up with a day and we will go.

Friday, Nat. and I head to Lynchburg, VA, the FUNdamentalist capital of Virginia for a David Crowder Band Concert. Hopefully we will get to say hi to our old friends in the band, but if not, it will be fun to see our friends who are now big Rock Stars. The real tension regarding this trip is what to wear. Should I go with an old stanby t-shirt? I would like to wear something subversive with a bunch of FUNdamentalists around, but I am not sure what I have that will do. What is the right combination of sarcastic, clever and thought provoking. If I had time to order something from randomtees.com I would probably go with something like, Calvinism: the shirt chose me...Armenianism: I chose the shirt, or New Hampshire: spooning Vermont since 1849.
But, I will probably come up with something lame and remain anonymous for the evening.


I travel to Myrtle Beach next week for a youth minister's retreat which should be fun. Then birthday week will be filled with work on an annual yard sale at church, which raises money for our youth.

I guess today I am going to work on some discipleship study that I need to do so I can develop some things to foster spiritual growth in the congregation. It is quite a task and I am not sure I am the right person for the job, but that is what they are paying me the big bucks for, haha.

Blessings to you two readers on your week and keep me in the loop.

peace,
aho

ps. I forgot Coffee Talk at the Good Life Cafe here in Mayberry on Wednesday afternoon. That should be fun, if we have any attendees.

holla back.

|
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com