open ahos head

where thoughts are worth more than the paper they are printed on... until you print them

Name:
Location: Mayberry, North Carolina, United States

thanks for stopping by. please add to the conversation if you can

1.12.2006

bloggin


I have just found out that several of my friends are bloggin again. You can check out the musings of ben and tom by clicking on the left.

Me, I have wanted to blog, but I have been watching tv. I have had several ideas for blogs, but, I have not followed through. Last night I could have blogged, but I watched the Carolina Hurricanes play hockey and then I watched Boston Legal. Tonight I could have blogged earlier, but I watched DUKE beat Maryland. Since then I have been flippin channels and surfin sites for a suit becuase I have a gift card to redeem.

Lately I have been getting frustrated as I think about Kyle Lake's death. Before, I was so removed from the situation that I went in to minister mode and thought about things rationally and calmly. Now, I am getting frustrated with it and I am thinking about this scab that wont heal. I know this will look wierd for those of you who lived with Kyle every day and week, but forgive me, I had a tremendous emotional connection to Kyle. He certianly was my friend for a time, but he was also a teacher and a challenger. In Seinfeld terms, I was a protoge for a brief while during 1997, 8 and 9. Hell, the guy even rented a tux and sat people down in the church for my wedding. I know we only talked semi-annually, but it is now frustrating that I can leave him a message and expect to get some veiled, sarcastic, offer to help...if I only could be more concise. You see this is a problem I have.

But I hate knowing that Kyle is not there. I am mad for Jen and the Kids, and frustrated for UBC. I miss the church, and it really is the most home church I have ever had. If we had done altar calls, (which we didnt, so I never considered it before now), it would have been where I committed to the ministry, but then I have to wake up each morning and commit to ministry, most days I actually do.

I miss my weekly friendship with chris Seay, Kyle and Dave. I miss the parting song and hanging out until it is time to lock the door. I miss $.50 shipley donuts (which may not happen any more) and if you weren't there for the morning in 1998 when the band played the Barenaked Ladies, One Week, you missed a fun morning.

Well, this 1am ramble has gone far enough. I have several things to blog about in the days ahead. Maybe I will write them. Maybe you will read them. Maybe someone will laugh. Maybe you will comment, but probably not.

I love lots of the people in my life, most of you actually, even if we are far away. I wish we were closer, but not a day goes by when I dont think about 1995-1999 and waco texas, which includes: baylor, ubc, hippodrome, 12th street and 17th street buildings, kitok, viteks, and the chris seay band singing 'i'll be there for you' during welcome week 1995. Good times.

-aho

|
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com