open ahos head

where thoughts are worth more than the paper they are printed on... until you print them

Name:
Location: Mayberry, North Carolina, United States

thanks for stopping by. please add to the conversation if you can

1.25.2006

'Achtung' U2 fans


I subscribe to this journal from Baylor called Christian Refelction: a series in faith and ethics. The beauty of the journal is that it is quality Christian scholarship, and, it is FREE- baby!!
Admittedly, I don't read them cover to cover, but they look good on the book shelf and they are quite timely. The current issue has an article about the faith of U2 from a Baylor grad who teaches at Campbell University (another baptist school, but here in NC). Several of you who might stumble up on this blog might be interested in the piece. I am about halfway through it, but it is quite interesting and will make you a smarter person becuase you can say something like:

"well, the other day I was reading about U2 in this theological journal I was surpised when I found that they....."

go read it for yourself.

peace

In addition to your reading assignement...


My Music Extra


I have been inentionally listening to music the last few days. I realized that some of the albums I bought last fall were great but I only listened to them a few times and then switched to NPR or back to A COLLISION.

So, these are the good things I have been listening to this week: Howie Day, Ray La Montnage, Fiona Apple, A Collision-DCB, Kris Kristofferson, and
Gordon Lightfoot.



Who? yeah, right. Well he is this guy my dad really loves. He had made cassettes from his Gordon Lightfoot LPs and we used to listen to them while he drove us across the country on vacation. But, when he (dad) was here for Christmas, he had the greatest hits cd so I threw it up ins kto my computer. I often listen to it while I am at work, but I totally love it. It kinda, or definitely is, 70's canadian, acoustic,m folk music, but, its pretty good and if you are one of those kids who gets free music from filesharing, you should definitely pull down some of this and listen to it. If you do it legally, then give it a try with a few extra dollars or wait til the ahos come around and we will leave a cd with you to try.

|
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com