open ahos head

where thoughts are worth more than the paper they are printed on... until you print them

Name:
Location: Mayberry, North Carolina, United States

thanks for stopping by. please add to the conversation if you can

10.19.2005

life with cable and tivo



Until 2 weeks ago, we did not have cable. We had gone about 18 months with one of those antennas on steroids that I had found in a church clothes closet. It was good to get my news from the local guys and then I would listen to NPR as well. Occasionally I would mix in a little Nightline.

Now, we got directv and it came with free TIVO. Of course, TIVO is an amazing invention and it has changed the way I watch tv. I rarely watch live tv, and now I never watch the news anymore.

I wonder, is it bad that the only news I watch is The Daily Show with Jon Stewart? I know it only comes on 4 days a week, but it is a pretty packed show, right?

I still catch NPR but since my commute has been sliced from 45 minuted to 5 minutes, I dont get as much news from them either.

The best thing is, the world is more fun now. So, JOIN ME!!!! Get your news from DirecTV channell 249, Mondays thru Thursdays at 11pm, (but TIVO it and dont watch it until the next day). And, for balance, mix in a little NPR or SRN.

peace


Hey, check out a new blog from a guy at my church. It will be good becuase r. is pretty smart and it looks like he can be quite funny as well.

http://rniland.blogspot.com/

|
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com