open ahos head

where thoughts are worth more than the paper they are printed on... until you print them

Name:
Location: Mayberry, North Carolina, United States

thanks for stopping by. please add to the conversation if you can

9.07.2005

my next attempt at death

There are many things that just might bring it to an abrupt halt to my life at any moment.
- Certainly my diet is not going to help keep me on this earth past the average life expectancy.
- My driving is a bit sketch. I am doing much better, but even then, I drive a jeep most of the time and cruising on I-40 at 75 with no doors is about as close to crazy as you can get without a motorcycle.
-I am trying to run regularly, but it has been so long since I have put in 30miles a week on a regular basis, it just might kill me before I get healthy.
- Then, insanity is always an option. I often teeter on the edge, I think, you might agree.

But, I am looking forward to my next attempt:


I can't wait til it snows and I can get my new burton custom out for a little snowboarding.
Now this might be a death wish: I could land off a jump wrong, or taking a jump might just be a bad idea- i am sure it is not easy to do those twists and spins in the air or ride those rails- or there is always the skiier who has met the end of the road with the punk boarders and I just end up inthe wrong place at the wrong time.

But with all of that out front, please come and board with me. We will be less than 2 hours from some good east coast skiing, and 4 hours from the best southeast skiing. Plus, the farmers almanac is predicting a colder than average winter with more snow for our part of the world. Great news for a guy with a snowboard and a Jeep...Mountains here I come, then, doctor and insurance, here I come.

|
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com