open ahos head

where thoughts are worth more than the paper they are printed on... until you print them

Name:
Location: Mayberry, North Carolina, United States

thanks for stopping by. please add to the conversation if you can

7.20.2005

blog 6- recent listening







A freind of mine bought a VW Jetta last fall. Now, as he drives down the road, he plays a game with himself, "HOW TRENDY AM I?" What he does is count all of the jettas he passes and counts them til he gets to 10. At 10 he realizes, he is simply trendy.

I began playing a little game with myself recently. Rolling Stone has a small box in the back of each issue which is labeled, BUY THESE NOW. For about 2 months now, I have had at least two of the cds in the box. I guess i am musically trendy, and buy too much music.

But above I have shown the last 5 cds I have bought. All of them are good, and fit my taste. Some have broader appeal than others, you dont have to like them, but I would recommend any them to you if you are considering them or just want some pretty good music. And, finally, though I am a DMB fan, it is the one I would be least likely to recommend, so maybe this sentance gets me a little music cred. and not just the criticism of others who are not dmb fans.
peace and happy listening



PS. i also have a few on a list i would like ot get. New albums from WHITE STRIPES, OASIS and Dave Crowder in September may be in my future as well. Hopefully Kanye West will drop his album soon too.

|
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com