open ahos head

where thoughts are worth more than the paper they are printed on... until you print them

Name:
Location: Mayberry, North Carolina, United States

thanks for stopping by. please add to the conversation if you can

1.27.2005

what the...#@%&?


I had a few people mention that somtimes I am hard to follow. I am not really offended by this and want you to know that I pretty much type and click publish. I dont proof read this crap that I write. But, I hope you do, that is, read it. I find it to be quite interesting.

MOVING ALONG

I have had a long day, some good, some frustrating. But one part was especially surreal. We have moments when we see something for the first time, and are taken aback in awe and wonder. This is what it was like for me to see Dad and Mom pull up in the driveway with my first car. This what it is like to read acceptance letters and congratulatory letters. This is what it is like to find out shocking news.

Well, I had a moment a bit like that today. I got stuck in the moment... Here is what happened:

I was at Best Buy picking up some cds for some bible study work I am doing, and I made it a point to brouse. I skimmed the shelves for interesting CDs. I hit the digital cameras and video game systems. Passed by the new release DVDs and was working back up from country, around the corner to the boxsets, and then down the aisle through world music, blues, jazz, and then worship and gospel (insert footnote here). As I turned the corner to head towards the back of the store after finding Illuminate on the shelf, I saw this thing. It is one the most fascinating things I have ever seen. To be honest, I am not sure if it is the best invetion or the worst invention in human history. Here it is:









We have used our tremendous technological know-how to invent a fridge with a FREAKIN TV IN IT!!!!! I am not sure what to do with this. I was stunned. A tv, in the fridge. Is it not enough to have one in every room of the house already? we live in 900 square feet and have 2 tv we already use. at one point, with company in town, we had 3 working tvs.

Look, I like tv as much as the next guy. Well, maybe not quite that much. But I am not one of those people who says you should throw your tv off the top of a building. I like tv, i enjoy it, i wish i had cable. But, never, will I like tv so much that i have to put one on the fridge. But, if you do, maybe i could come over and watch the game or something.



footnote: it was really sad how much crappy music i found on the aisle of gospel and christian music. Stuff i would not listen to, a little i would. But then there was sections of music from the world and the blues and jazz and I was blown away by how much they were able to carry. I was saddened as a christian that we couldnt offer better stuff than tobymac and zoegirl (niether of which i have actually listened to, sorry). so i guess, if you are in a church, cultivate your artists. give them a language that allows them to speak the truth of love from and through jesus to the world, and not just through a label. The best ones do that. I beleive DCB does that. there are others. just not as many in the christian section as i would like.

|
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com