open ahos head

where thoughts are worth more than the paper they are printed on... until you print them

Name:
Location: Mayberry, North Carolina, United States

thanks for stopping by. please add to the conversation if you can

1.25.2005

visionary paper


If you remember this picture, it is from the movie Jerry Maguire. As the story goes, for those who have not seen the film, Jerry is a sports agent. One late night in the hotel he gets a vision of a new way his company could work: less emphasis on money and more emphasis on people. It is a really good vision, so good it gets him fired. But if you remember the eminem song, he calls himself "a visionary" whose "vision is scary." So, sometimes you come across a vision that is scary cool that you need to share.

My Point.

You and I dont work in the same office (unless you are david, jack, linda, sharon, barbara or tammy...and david is the only one who stumbles over here periodically), but if we did, I would copy the article you can link to below and put it in your boxes to read.

The article is from an online science journal call the New Atlantis. The article is called "THE AGE OF EGOCASTING" but is about TiVo, ipods, the remote control and other great inventions of modern technology. If you have any of these thing, you should read it. If you dream of having any of these things, you should read it too. I read it today, it took me about 25 minutes and it really provoked my thoughts. As a minister, I immediately think about how it effect the church, but I think it is really interesting for anyone. So, please, give me this one opportunity to put something in your box. Read the article, you will enjoy it, or at least be caused to think.

Oh, yeah, I heard about this article on NPR, so dont give me the credit or the finders fee, send it on to your local NPR Station to support great programming like Morning Edition.

Grace and Peace


CLICK HERE!!!!! THE NEW ATLANTIS

|
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com