open ahos head

where thoughts are worth more than the paper they are printed on... until you print them

Name:
Location: Mayberry, North Carolina, United States

thanks for stopping by. please add to the conversation if you can

12.14.2004

nothing really

I dont really have that much to write about today. I worked all day yesterday and half the day today doing some writing and editing of work I had done in the past at school. I was actually a little bit impressed with what I had written. None of it was earth-shattering, but I did make an A on the paper I wrote for Leander Keck, NT scholar and editor of the New Interpreters Bible Commentary series. For those of you not in these circles, he is a really great person and brilliant professor. The othe paper I was working on was more intersting, it was about the misuse of scripture by a character in Kierkegaard's Stages on Life's Way. I am thinking about re-reading that book.

In other news, my fantasy football season is coming to a crashing end. I have had fun with my first experience but it has also been frustrating. I am right at .500, at 7-7, but I am less than 10 points out of the lead for the total points, which is actually only a statistic that help me sleep better at night. I am frustrated about it though becuase I have won my games by an average of more than 35 points, yet each game I lose is by an average of 10 points. Clearly I have a powerful team, but have gotten beat by everyone on their best day.

But, I just found out that there is a losers backet in the playoffs. So, I am looking forward to being the best loser in the league. I figure, like Ben Stiller says in Keeping the Faith, if you are gonna suck, really, gloriously suck. So I am going to be the best loser in the league. It is all I can do.

|
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com