open ahos head

where thoughts are worth more than the paper they are printed on... until you print them

Name:
Location: Mayberry, North Carolina, United States

thanks for stopping by. please add to the conversation if you can

12.08.2004

double standard


I really got miffed about the whole ordeal a few weeks ago between Nicolette Sheridan and Terrell Owens on Monday Night Football. I did not really understand anyone's arguments about why is was so bad people needed to be fined or suspended for what happened. If it truly was inappropriate, which it likely was not according to a majority of Americans, a simple apology would be fine. I actually thought it was funny but I am also a fan of Desperate Housewives.

That said, I spent some time watching Oprah last night. I am not sure why, I even listened to enough of the show to know what was going on, but it was a repeat of the days show that aired late at night. I guess I watched for the same reason I sometimes watch the 700 Club during lunch: 1. We dont have cable, and there is nothing on 2. I just wanted to see what nonsense was being spewed this week.

Imagine my suprise when the discussion turned to Brazilian Bikini Waxes and Proper OBGYN etiquitte. The Foreign question was about "if it was good for all parties involved. Would it spice up stuff in the bedroom since we have been married 16 years now." The woman wanted to do this for her husband. The doctors question was whether one should wear socks or not while being examined.

Now, my issues with this: Oprah airs at 4pm. Not at 1am, not at 9pm 4PM!!! Right as our darling elementary school kids are getting home, having a snack of milk and cookies and working on homework or playing gameboy. Can you hear it..."Mom, what is a brazilian bikini wax??? what are stirrups???"

This leads me to my actual issue. All of these middle-aged conservative, God-Fearing women (in our area at least) that run around to Mother's Day out programs, Curves, and Heart to Heart bible Studies are probably the ones who complained about TO and Edie. My question is: do they think twice about Oprah?

Obviously, I think they do not. These women probably love Oprah. The probably even watch DH.

Well, that is my rant for now. Sorry if I have offended. I just hate that people get so mad about the crap that is on TV. It is just TV, if you dont like it, dont watch.

Oh yeah, by the way, there is NO WAY the timberlake/jackson event was not planned. If you think it was spontaneous, I have a really nice brige in San Francisco I would like to make you a deal on.





peace

|
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com