open ahos head

where thoughts are worth more than the paper they are printed on... until you print them

Name:
Location: Mayberry, North Carolina, United States

thanks for stopping by. please add to the conversation if you can

12.21.2004

decisions

There are times in life when we make decisions that must be made. Career decisions, relationship decisions, and making decisions about our favorite things are such decisions.

Today, I attended the funeral of a church member and the mother of one of my good friends from church. At this funeral service I made a few decisions about my Christmas favorites that I want to pass along.

First, I have chosen my favorite Christmas songs. I have two, O Holy Night, and God Rest ye Merry Gentlemen. I am not sure what it is about theses songs that inspire awe in me but they do. This decisions also marks a shift. My favortie Christmas song was Cheryl Crow's Blue Christmas, but I have definitely changed for good. I still love cheryl's song, but it no longer holds favorite status.

I also chose a favorite Scripture, or at least Christmas Scripture. I have decided to go with Luke 2:21-40, the stories of Jesus being presented in the temple with Simeon and Anna present. I cant imagine what it would be like to be able to say: "Sovreign Lord, as you have promised, you now dismiss your servant in peace." If you need a context, read Luke 2.

I hope you find my findings intersting, I would be happy ot hear about your favorites as well. God bless and Merry Christmas.

|
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com