open ahos head

where thoughts are worth more than the paper they are printed on... until you print them

Name:
Location: Mayberry, North Carolina, United States

thanks for stopping by. please add to the conversation if you can

12.06.2004

backing off

I just re-read my last post and it makes little sense. I was going to comment but then realized no one would read the comment. At least there is a chance someone will see this.

My reflection that I was to post is that for some reason I said a few things about the emergent and southern baptists that came off probably more black and white than I realize they actually are. I made a stretch and tried to equate a couple things that dont really need equating.

I guess you can be Southern Baptist and be emergent at the same time, but I think these groups are having different discussions right now.

I hope emergent is a group that wants to talk about church outside of the particular expressions of worship style, and instead deal with the things that go into the creation of particular styles. Thinking about the underlying theological pinnings will allow for a myriad of emergent styles to emerge as faithful expressions of christian worship in a postmodern world.

|

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

chris,
i'm still reading, although i have no idea what you were wrighting about with the previous 2 posts, i am still reading and so is pam...keep it up, we gotta have something to do during work.

jeff

5:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com