open ahos head

where thoughts are worth more than the paper they are printed on... until you print them

Name:
Location: Mayberry, North Carolina, United States

thanks for stopping by. please add to the conversation if you can

10.14.2004

Communicate

In an effort to better communicate with people and integrate my world, I have gotten a screen name for an aol im account. My screenname is chrisdukegrad. I don't really know how all of this works, but I think you can add me to your buddy list and if I know your screen name, can do the same.

Maybe those of you who have real jobs and need an afternoon distraction can look me up. I sometimes work.


Debate
I hope everyone enjoyed the debate last night. It amazes me how two people can completely talk past each other and still disagree. Certainly there are stark differences between these two candidates but it is unfortunate that these two speak such different languages that many will miss the other candidate's point.

I agree with both on some issues, but what I find unfortunate is that many undecided voters might vote for Bush because he would be a cool guy to sit on the porch with and have a beer (I keep hearing this over and over). I recently heard John Stewart say that he would like for a for someone to run on the platform that "they have been preparing their whole life for this job, That is what makes me more qualified." He wants our political system to no longer be dummed down by us favoring the cool guy over the better leader.
I too would like to sit on the porch with George or take a bike ride through the country with John, but I don't want to decide who to vote for based on which would be the better conversation.

Sports, Finally
Maybe I should have saved these thoughts for a few days worth of Blogs, but I am on a roll with my typing. I am typically a Miami Dolphins Fan, but that really sucks this year. But Football season is interesting becuase I have joined an online fantasy football league. My team is "the funk nasty" and we have had two tough weeks (ie. lost to a team with peyton manning the week he threw for 5 touchdowns) but we are going to make a great push. Trouble is, my rooting is now divided across the league. Donovan McNabb is my QB and Sean Alexander is my RB. Patriots are my Defense. There are lots of interest conflicts here. But it is fun.

Finally, as a Red Sox fan, the last two nights have been hard. I watch the lastfew innings each night and hope against hope that this year might be different. Probably wont be. God's team doesn't always win and actually lost pretty bad for a little while in Palestine about 2000 years ago. I hope, that as Red Sox fans, we are enduring the longest Saturday between Good Friday and Easter Sunday ever. Redemption will come for the Sox, I hope.

Peace to you all, thanks for reading.
Chris

|

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com