open ahos head

where thoughts are worth more than the paper they are printed on... until you print them

Name:
Location: Mayberry, North Carolina, United States

thanks for stopping by. please add to the conversation if you can

10.21.2004

....

There are times in life when you do not know what to say. Often these words point us towards times of tragedy when we must attempt to assist someone who is in shock. We ourselves will be on the side of tragic shock in life as well. This is all a part of living.
In the song Hurt, Johnny Cash, and NIN (though I dont understand the way they sing it), he speaks of hurting himself to see if he still feels. The pain is the only thing that is real.

But, tonight, my inability to speak, and my ability to feel has nothing to do with pain and suffering, unless you count the 18years I have been a suffering fan. No, tonight I am speechless and in awe becuase of what has happened in the Bronx. No team has ever come back from being three games down in the series. The Sox were not supposed to beat the evil Empire. But it happened. I am elated.



As fans we like to pick teams that win but and at 27 I have developed firm loyalties. As a Dolphins fan, I am used to not winning anything After November 1. As a Duke fan, I always have the same team remianing after the 63 games of the NCAA tournament. As a Carolina Hurricanes hockey fan, I am ok with the reality that we may not come close to the Stanley Cup Finals for a long, long time (especially if we dont get hockey back). And as a Red Sox fan, I am used to not being able to finish the season with a win. But this year could be different.



I expect the National league team to be stronger, fresher, and looser, but I will keep hope. I will hope that we can beat Clemons and his latest team and stomp the curse. I am hopeful that we can beat the Yankees of the NL, the Cardinals. But mostly, I am excited that my team will be the first to have achieved an against the wall sweep. Winning four in a row after three losses is a sweep of sorts. Not the kind of sweep my nerves and sleep pattern likes, but it is a SoxSweep. The first and possibly the last any of us will ever see.




I only wanted to establish my allegiances and I have typed alot. That is what happens when I type after midnight. I will go now. Later I may write about how the Red Sox are God's team, if God has a team. And my thesis doesnt necessarily mean that we win everytime. For now, I am leaving, thanks for reading, sorry if you are dumber now.
peace


|

2 Comments:

Blogger Tom said...

I'm not sure I like having the beloved Cardinals called the Yankee's of the NL! I mean you correctly referred to them as "The Evil Empire" and compared the Cardinals to them! Unless of course you were referring to the fact that the Cards could have the most prolific line-up in baseball history! Should be a great series!! Let me know if you want a Cards hat - the curse isn't over yet! :)

12:52 PM  
Blogger yoni cohen :: http://yocohoops.com said...

Hey-

Great blog. Love the Red Sox logos throughout your recent post.

Noticed you were a Duke basketball fan. Hoping you could add a Blogroll link to my college basketball blog, http://collegeball.blogspot.com. I'd very much appreciate a link on your site.

And would gladly return the favor, adding a link from my site to yours.

Thanks!

Yoni Cohen, http://collegeball.blogspot.com
College Basketball Blog

9:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com