open ahos head

where thoughts are worth more than the paper they are printed on... until you print them

Name:
Location: Mayberry, North Carolina, United States

thanks for stopping by. please add to the conversation if you can

8.05.2004

School is Coming

Well, for me, the summer is coming to an end. The youth are starting school on Tuesday (August 10) and that means I get to have a little bit of rest. In years past, this meant about a week becuase I was starting school at the end of the month, but as a recent graduate, the only thing I have to look forward to with the beginning of a new school year is the expiration of my health insurance and parking pass. Now I really have to pay if I need to go to campus.
The summer brought lots of travel and it was great. I covered just about every mile of Interstate 95 from the driver's seat. I didn't get north beyond Portland Maine, but I did get to Key Largo which is about 40 miles south of the end of 95. This also means I have been to and through every state on the eastern seaboard with the small exception being Vermont. I didn't get there but I am looking forward to the day I can go and visit Ben and Jerry's Ice Cream Place.
I also got to Birmingham, AL and Ridgecrest, NC. The Fall holds possibilities for trips to South Carolina, Virginia, and Texas. We shall soon see.

You hopefully have also noticed the change in scenery. I am somewhat happy with the new template, but really just happy to be out of the old. I hope to post more often and more substantially. I wish happy reading and writing for you.

Grace and Peace

|

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com