open ahos head

where thoughts are worth more than the paper they are printed on... until you print them

Name:
Location: Mayberry, North Carolina, United States

thanks for stopping by. please add to the conversation if you can

8.12.2004

2 more things for today: blurry line, car


I am not sure if intoxicating, song 6 on DCB's Illuminate is a favorite of many people, but it delivers on of the most interesting and difficult song lyrics I have come across lately.
"and now I've found the blurry line/ in between you and I/ raise the cup/ drink til full sing til I cant til my voice is gone and my head is spinning, dizzy"
I don't know about you, but the line between me and God is definitely blurry right now. I, and I think we all struggle, with what is my desire and thoughts regarding this issue or situation, and what is God's view of this same situation? What has God done to influence my feelings in this situation?
Finding the blurry line is crucial, and continuing to focus on where that line is and what is being passed across it is crucial as we seek to live the lives God has for us.
I am still trying to find it, the song has and it is an encouragement in the search. I know that each time I stumble across the line, my head definitely spins.


As a few of you know, I drive a car much like this one. I have had this car for 11 years now and love it now just as much as ever. But, last year I was in an accident with it. When you have an old car like this and you get in a wreck, it is not an easy fix. No one wants to do the work on these cars for cheap and the insurance doesn't want to pay the high prices to fix them. So, I took the settlement and bought back the car for $200 and the wrecked vehicle is mine, in need of repair.
Since I went through a little bit of depression about the wreckage, I let the car sit for about a year. Then, in April, my dad and I took the broken parts off and left it in a condition ripe for fixing, but without the time, energy, or knowledge to fix it.
But this week, my friends at Cauley Tire and Auto got it running again, and now all I have to do is get the sheetmetal put back on the car. This is not simple or cheap task, but a car that moves around the parking lot and sounds great doing it is a step in the right direction. Hopefully I will be able to find the right person and price to put humpty dumpty back together again and I will be tearing up the Highway once again in what many of my roommates have called the beast.

|

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com