open ahos head

where thoughts are worth more than the paper they are printed on... until you print them

Name:
Location: Mayberry, North Carolina, United States

thanks for stopping by. please add to the conversation if you can

5.18.2004

wow.?!


This is the world we now live in. I remember in the summer of 97 when premium was $.79/gal. Those were the days...
I wish I had a solution. I wish all the stuff we are doing in the middle east would help it, but as a cynical 27yrold, I am afraid it will not help. I am all about free market, but I want lower gas costs. I wish I could do something to lower my demand but I cannot right now. Maybe in the weeks and years to come.


I did something today. I made an investment in this guitar. It is a 91 Chet Atkins that I have bought myself for graduation. I didnt consult many people like I should have and I probably should not have bought it, but the musicians that I really like have played these. Dave Matthews has played them, and though they were highly modified from their original form, they were cool when he played them. Travis Tritt of course had played one. And Besides Chet Atkins himself, Dave Crowder played one for a while. I really wanted a crowdster, but could not justify the $2300 my local shop wanted for one right now. So, my chet atkins may be named "fakie" or "fake Crowdster" but it is a step in the right direction. My hope is that someday I will be a guitar playing wizzard that will bring joy to myself and others through the beauty of God's creativity with music.
peace to you all. Eat more chicken.

|

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com