open ahos head

where thoughts are worth more than the paper they are printed on... until you print them

Name:
Location: Mayberry, North Carolina, United States

thanks for stopping by. please add to the conversation if you can

5.01.2004

further foods for thought


One place that has made its way to the top of my list of places to eat is PF Changs. This place is great. If you have never been there, you should go. If you do not like Chinese cuisine, this is definitely the type of place you can learn to eat it.
We usually start with the chicken lettuce wraps. Then, for dinner, I like the mongolian beef and Natalie likes the sweet and sour chicken. The honey chicken is also good to me as well. Once, we went with about six people and all ordered different dishes. Everything we tried was great. I have family members that say the only difference in PF Changs and other chinese restrauants is the presentation and price, but I calmly disagree. I think the food is better. You actually trade quantity for quality at changs, but it is totally worth. This is a great place to go if you want to try some good food.

Changing Opinions

Another thing that has been going on lately in my life is the shift in my radio dial towards 91.5, WUNC, our local NPR station. Being here on the east coast has opened my up to some ideas and opinions that are a little further left than I had thought before and it is possible that my recent radio habits reflect that.
I do not think I am really left at all, rather, I like to think of myslef as being in the middle of all that I have going on, but nonetheless, if this is a label, I will accept it.
Now, on to NPR. The thing I have really begun to like about the station is that I learn stuff everytime I listen. The stories are fascinating and creative in a way no other news is not. Lots of the attention on our station is focused on Iraq right now, and though I understand and am completely sympathetic to the people who are directed to be over there, I get tired of hearing about it. But the non-Iraq stuff is really great. Last week they ran a story on an old recording studio in norhtern Alabama that is home to a bunch of famous songs by blues and funk artists, as well as the Rolling Stones. Many think of these songs as coming from more famous places but this little studio is were they came from. Not to mention, Click and Clack, the car talk guys, and i like all of the other stuff. So, next time you are surfing your presets and all of the sports stations are on commercials, and all of the pop stations are stuck on the latest newleywed song, just tap on over to NPR and give it a listen. It's educational ear candy.

|
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com