open ahos head

where thoughts are worth more than the paper they are printed on... until you print them

Name:
Location: Mayberry, North Carolina, United States

thanks for stopping by. please add to the conversation if you can

4.15.2004

killing time



On wednesday nights I usually unwind by watching some tv after I get home from a busy day at church. Tonight is the same, but I am having to stay up late. You see, it turns out this guy Damien Rice is on Letterman tonight and at the recomendation of many of the music snobs I know, I am going to stay up and listen ot this guy play. If I had tivo I would definitely go to bed and see it in the morining but as I think about that I realize: I could afford tivo, i could have afforded to buy the damn cd months ago. so i wait......

While I wait...

I have been working on a list of the top 10 stupidest things that are legitimately put out by Christian Bookstores. The list I going well and will be released by me soon, right here, but in the mean time, with the song "a few of my favorite things" in my head, I begin a list of my favorite foods. I am starting really strong but I think there is room for improvement.

It all began with the struggle to get over my beloved Blue Bell after I moved to NC. Soon after DMB released the flavor, ONE SWEET WHIRLED, and I tried Ben and Jerry's for the first time. I have been hooked and fatter ever since. Now I love some ice cream and could eat it twice a day. Ben and Jerrys ice cream is so good that I actually plan my meals around how I can have a serving during the day. The better thing about it is that this high quality ice cream moderates itself. It is really hard to overeat because the richness of the product does not allow your body to take it in in excess amounts. I know that as I continue in my running program that I am beginning, I will probably cut down on the pint a week that I enjoy. But I might just run a little farther and enjoy that sweet just a bit longer.

Finally, from these silly guys who stand for something and make food with natural ingredients and integrity, comes free cone day. So, for those of you with a shop near by, go get a scoop and rock the vote with Ben and Jerry. Ice Cream rules.







go eat free ice cream for a good cause

|
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com