open ahos head

where thoughts are worth more than the paper they are printed on... until you print them

Name:
Location: Mayberry, North Carolina, United States

thanks for stopping by. please add to the conversation if you can

4.08.2004

Big events

Four years ago, Natalie and I moved to a small house in Durham, NC so that I could begin my education at the Divinity School at Duke University. Now, one year after most of my firends graduated, it is my turn. The ceremony is May 8 at 6:30pm in Duke Chapel. I would love for any and everyone to come that would like. The house is already full, but housing arrangements can be made with our assistance.
Also of note is May 9 at 4pm in the sanctuary of Zebulon Baptist Church. It is at this time and in this place that I am going to be ordained as a minister. This is nerveracking and exciting. The idea of having a weekend that centers on my is somewhat troubling. Though I will recieve most of the attention, I am not typically the kind of guy who does stuff to put myself in this type of position. For example, when I score my first NFL touchdown, I will definitely celebrate, but I will probably not be toting a sharpie in my sock.

I can just see my self now, (switching gears slightly), Thinking, "man, that was a hellofa sermon, and look 15 people have now decided that they are going to give their life to Jesus, (or else they are joining because it is WAY TOO expensive to get married at this church if you are not a member). I knew singing I Surrender ALL would work great, the perfect of hell fire and brimstone with a touch of softness in the song. "
After 13 verses, 5 professions of faith, 6 re-dedications, and a few prayers for pets, I say to the congregation:
"Well church, it has been quite a morning. In honor of my great morning, glory to God, I have decided to autograph my bible and hand it to the chairman of the deacons. What a great day, come back next week for more of the word of God, and stay tuned to the newsletter for updates on the current contract renegotiations."

Well, that will never happen. Of if it does, move away from me and buy a lottery ticket, cause somethings about to get stuck. Thanks for enduring my musings and join us on the weekend of May 8 if you can.
peace and love

ps. i listed some new music that everyone will say stincks becuase I listen to it and I went to ubc a long time ago.
enjoy

|
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com