open ahos head

where thoughts are worth more than the paper they are printed on... until you print them

Name:
Location: Mayberry, North Carolina, United States

thanks for stopping by. please add to the conversation if you can

3.29.2004

still around

Well, I have been out of my blog community for a little while, due to a few factors. Here are some reflections.

1. My computer has been out for 2 months now. It is a good thing I have had nothing due at school. I am getting it fixed no and it has shown me that I may be in the wrong business. FirstServ is the name of the place where IBM told me to take it. It is cool since it is close to the house and they are generally friendly people. I hand off my computer and 3 hours later I get a call. Good news! we have found the problem, it is a battery, the part costs $27.

This is great, but there is a catch. For some reason, I will be paying $15 for shipping and $90 for labor which makes this $27 problem a $150 problem. Luckily, it is not officially my computer so, the church will pay for it since it is officially theirs. I am looking forward to using it with our new youth Jumbotron though. 12ft by 9ft screen and projector we just had installed. It should be fun. But while I am preparing bible studies for something like 4.25 an hour, the guy who used to ruin the curve in my high school comp sci class is rackin it up.

2. I will intentionally blog more after the mens final four is over, I dont want to jinx my team by bragging or setting my expectations too low, but let me just say this about my team (that is the team i root for): i am cautiously optimistic.

But, I have a few other reflecetions about the tournament. The cable company has been broadcasting all of the games in digital on their digital channels. This has been great for avioding the commecials but the reception has been less than spectacular. None the less, I have thoroughly enjoyed the time I have gotten to spend in front of Basketball in the past few weeks.
I would like to say that the officiating has been less than spectacular though. My first example would be from the Dayton v. DePaul game. I believe it was dayton that got robbed. I also think Xavier got the short end of the stick last night tough I was pleased with the outcome of that game. Which brings me to:

ROBBERY IN NORMAN
Now, folks from Texas have even less reason to like Oklahoma, as it was the sight of the officials taking the game away from the fighting Lady Bears of Baylor. I actually watched a good portion of this game, ( i dont really like girls bball at all) and could not believe that we turned the ball over like that and that we got screwed like that. It is unfortunate that the officials screwed up, had a chance to fix it, and screwed up again.

As a former basketball official, I often defend the officials, but, this month, I have no reason to defend. Rather, I believe I should get back into that line of work becuase it seems that the payoffs are good.

peace

Oh wait, I would like to recognize, Tom for kicking our butts in the Tournament challenge on ESPN.com. It aint over yet, but I am definitely out. Way to go tom, check out his blog with the link to the right.

|
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com