open ahos head

where thoughts are worth more than the paper they are printed on... until you print them

Name:
Location: Mayberry, North Carolina, United States

thanks for stopping by. please add to the conversation if you can

3.01.2004

monday, monday


click to link to the story
Well, itis monday and I go to class on monday afternoons. Today I found out the the mission trip I am supposed to take to Haiti has been cancelled. We were to leave on Sunday but now will not. It is ok I guess since I have lots of other stuff going on at work and school, but it is really sad that we cannot go. Certainly now is not the best time to go there since their Govt is struggling so much and the US presence may not help. The country's problems are so complex that it is difficult to know where to start with help. I hope you all will add Haiti to the list of concerns that you have for people who need our help in our world and I hope that you will pray.
Pray for two things specifically; 1. that our goventment will be instruments of peace on behalf of concerned americans and christians, 2. that Christians and missionaries who minister in Haiti will be able to return to their posts soon so that they can continue to be the presence of Christ for those people.
thanks
back with more later in the week

|
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com