open ahos head

where thoughts are worth more than the paper they are printed on... until you print them

Name:
Location: Mayberry, North Carolina, United States

thanks for stopping by. please add to the conversation if you can

2.27.2004

sick

Being sick is a real drag. I got a cold on tuesday and have not been the same since. I can do things with intensity for about 20 mintues and then I have to just give up. It is like my brains functionability is linked to the amount of stuff clogging my sinuses. I dont understand this. But I would like put three things forward:

1. DUKE BASKETBALL:
Natalie got to see her first Duke basketball game in person last night. We played Valpo and beat them pretty badly. Though it was a blowout, it was pretty exciting and I was glad we got to go. I would not have gone but it is probably the last game I will go to this year and possibly ever. It was great to share that with her and to go out on a big win.

I started talking about them a few weeks ago and then we lost a few games. Therefore, I will probably not blog again about them until after they finish the season. So, note this: I am on DUKE'S side, (mens and women's too) and am pulling for championships of huge proportions. That said, I will be away from the subject because it is close to the heart.


2. We are ankle deep in slush, snow, freezing rain, and sleet again today. The school age kids have missed 5+ days of school and all of their makeup days are gone. This is only of note because this is FREAKIN NORTH CAROLINA. I know "north" is in the name, but it is a relative term. Sure we are north of the equator, key west and the southern carolina, but the people of this state grow cotton, rice, soybeans and tobacco. This is the heart of the south!!! So, we got lots of winter weather this year and if the psychics from the farmers almanac is right, there is more to come in march. I have not seen this much snow and mess outside of upper Michigan in my whole life.

3. I love pizza. Last night we got pizza from this place called Lilly's and it was good. We also have this shop called Capital Creations which is really good too. So, if you want to come visit, you can try the bar-b-q on your own, but you can trust me for some great pizza.

well i am off to eat some cold pizza and get hopped up on cold medicine- advil cold and sinus, here i come.

|
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com