open ahos head

where thoughts are worth more than the paper they are printed on... until you print them

Name:
Location: Mayberry, North Carolina, United States

thanks for stopping by. please add to the conversation if you can

2.06.2004

Reflections on DUKE v UNC

I hope you all enjoyed the Duke v UNC game last night, though it was tense, I certainly did. Surely it will be an ESPN Instant Classic and I will be able to expereince Chris Duhon Ripping the hearts out of the 21000 in the deandome again. If you did not see it, click here and you can check up on it. If you want to see picutres, click here.

The one wierd thing is that we here in NC dont get to enjoy Dick Vitale in all of his DUKE lovingness and favoritism. When we play on ESPN with him as the commentator it is an enjoyable experience as he extolls greatensses of DUKE that may not even exist. Instead we get a local affiliate and a Jefferson Pilot Sports feed that preempts the regular evening programming on the CBS Station. These ACC games are so important that people cant watch CSI and Survivor until the middle of the night. It is like the anm/ut rivalry times 10, and in your face whether you like it or not. I am thankful for it.

Finally, One Tragic Thing.
I used to like carolina a little bit. I always favored DUKE but was raised to respect Dean Smith and the way he ran a classy basketball program. I still feel that way as far as respect, but I really dont like carolina any more. It would be like being indifferent and then being taught to hate the aggies by your friends on 6th street, it really sinks in. Therefore you can imagine my suprise when I hear the tune to "High above ole trinity's waters, up where things are right, hail to the our alma mater...hail ole Keller High" being played by the tarheel pep band. Yes that is right, though Keller High School stole our Fight song from Baylor (good song, poor luck in some sports lately) we stole our School song from that college in Chapel Hill. I am very dissappointed in my forefathers from Keller and my only consolation comes from the fact that I was not born there, I moved there and had to go there becuase my parents said so. Mom, Dad, I love you but maybe you should have uncovered every stone before you chose good "Ole Keller High".

Hope you enjoyed this, I did.

peace for now

LETS GO DUKE

|
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com