open ahos head

where thoughts are worth more than the paper they are printed on... until you print them

Name:
Location: Mayberry, North Carolina, United States

thanks for stopping by. please add to the conversation if you can

12.08.2003

weekend update



Its monday and I am back at Helios to do email, check on my silly fantasy hockey team, and blog for the two of you that read this. (i always say two of you, there may be more, but i don't want to be pretentious). We did lots of church stuff this weekend since we like church and I work at church. The youth Christmas Party was Saturday night and it was enjoyable. thirty-something youth and some adults. We had it at a cabin (thank you Estes) that could cook steak for 50 in 15 minutes, it was like texas. The present exchange went well with BOjangles "boBucks" being the popular item. The scandalous item was a red thong and the glow in the dark football and $5bill were also popular.




The Grammy Award Nominations came out this weekend too. I spent a considerable amout of car time listening to my previously mentioned OutKast CD. I think it is one of the most entertaining cds I have bought recently. It makes me dance, think, sing, and smile. I like it. It even has some guitar effects that you might not think of on a hiphop album. Hurray for outkast and their 6 nominations.


That being said, I still love Dave Matthews, Dave Crowder and all of the other rock stuff that has helped me love music. I am not a music snob, I dont really have time, though I might like to be. Actually, my favorite song of the season is Robert Earl Keens Merry Christmas from the Family. Enjoy it.






Finally, On Friday, I spend a bunch of time with Free Bird. I really like this book and reccomend it. I have 30 pages left, but it is definitely worth the read. It is easy to read and interesting. You can choose to put on your thinking cap or you can choose not to and still enjoy. Go buy it, or check it out of your local library and support a Baylor Guy. peace






|
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com