open ahos head

where thoughts are worth more than the paper they are printed on... until you print them

Name:
Location: Mayberry, North Carolina, United States

thanks for stopping by. please add to the conversation if you can

12.03.2003

new cd



Well, I have renewed my membership to the popculture club. You may not have known that one existed but when you buy your first real rap cd, you find youself in this unspoken, underground club.
I have been intrigued by this new pop song by andre3000, hey ya! It was fun, catchy, creative, and I really felt like i wanted to explore hiphop/rap as an art, not just the annoying, rebellious music that my basketball wannabe friends listen to. So, I willingly took the plunge, I purchased Speakerboxxx/The Love Below on the way home from Florida.

We first listened to Andre 3000's The Love Below and were less than impressed. It was pretty profane, suggestive, and though creative, left something to be desired.
Yesterday, on a ride to Fayetteville for a funeral, I listened to Big Boi's, Speakerboxxx. I liked it alot better on a first listen than we did the other album. It is still pretty rough in places, but a more typical rap album.
I think I am going to like Outkast (fyi...two artists: Big Boi and Andre 3000 make up outkast, but have released solo albums together as outkast. I have no idea if they are gonna preak up or not.). It is better than just brash, one hit "oneder" stuff of people like vanilla ice, snow, and sean paul who i cant stand. I would suggest that if you buy it, you may want the edited version, you miss anything and you can play it with your parents in the car. If anyone has other suggestions from this new music venture that I am undergoing, I would entertain suggestions.

I am not sure what will come of my pop culture club membership, but I am looking forward to the benefits.
peace

|
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com