open ahos head

where thoughts are worth more than the paper they are printed on... until you print them

Name:
Location: Mayberry, North Carolina, United States

thanks for stopping by. please add to the conversation if you can

11.11.2003

bizarro land

hey, well its been a while, or at least it seems to me. you are either in one of two postures: (1) you are on the edge of your seat eagerly anticipating the pithy wisdom this site provides, hoping blissfully that each time you click on the link in your favorites, it will reveal new insight into an otherwise problematic and frustrating world. or (2) you really don't like this, don't read it, but come here out of an invisible obligation you seem to have to me because you think there might be something here eventually, or you just are trying to remember where else you wanted to go and one more click just might jog you memory. to both of you reading this thanks.

now, to bizarro land.
we often find ourselves in overwhelming and confusing situations where we ask ourselves: "did that just happen?" I have two from the recent days that I would like to share.
1. Saturday, Natalie worked hard in the house cleaning places and things in the fridge and kitchen of our rent house that I: 1. didnt know existed, 2. don't want to know exist, 3. cant imagine that these places even get dirty. but, nonetheless, now they are clean and she is in good conscience.
in the midst of cleaning she worked up and appetite for dinner, giving me the choices of: chilis, outback, the village draft house, and Chinese food. I was really wanting some Chinese for tradition's sake. (more some other day). Therefore: RED DRAGON IT IS! we get: chicken fried rice, sesame chicken, and beef with broccoli. nothing bizarre yet.
after dinner, I decide to eat the traditional fortune cookie. my personal ritual is to eat the cookie completely and then read the fortune. after the tasty cookie here is what I found:
"it is less important ti understand than to enjoy."
You now thinking what is bizarre about that, chris could never type...but that's just it, it is not a mistake on my part. I got a fortune with a typo. how does that happen? how can such a short pithy saying get messed up? has this ever happened before to anyone else? I know the grammar is often suspect in the fortunes, but a typo, never expected that.
That is bizarro land number one.
(by the way, we watched legally blonde II on Saturday night and it was funny, stupid but funny. the dog thing and Dupont circle made me cry.)

2. I registered for this workshop at school for seniors about placement in ministry after graduation. I did it mostly because my professor likes for us to do stuff like this, and he looks out for us, so I did it. I wasn't sure what I was getting into because there was joint program time with both Methodists and baptists. Methodists had worship planning responsibilities.
as I entered (20 minutes late, dunkin donuts coffee in hand though), sally bates was preaching and finishing a sermon which was, nice. then this guy came up with a guitar to lead music, which is, nice. he has, coat tie, and nice feel to him. then there is a glitch in the matrix: we start singing "come by here my lord, come by here." which is cum by ya. cum by ya, who still sings that, and who ever sang that without a campfire? I don't get it. a million and 1 worship songs in the world and folks are gettin into cum by ya!?!? anyway, I behaved and sang, and moved on, confessing my confusion to no one but you, my dear individual reader.
and, are there not theological problems with that song? God is here, right? Immanent, all knowing, all present...why must we ask come by now? is it for me or for God that I ask that? I don't know.

anyway thanks for entering into my matrix. I am sure it was as disappointing as reloaded, but at least not as long.
more to come.
peace
chris

|
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com